Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ML30 GEN9
Linux

Hello,

I am using SLES 12 OS and I am trying to bind a PCIe device using PCIe Passthrough solution. When I complete the binding operation, after one minute, the machine's fans start to work very fast, the healt led turns red and blinks and after some minutes, it turns again green.

On the other hand, the GUI of the OS became very unresponsive, I could not even complete simple commands like "ls" or "lspci", so I had to restar the machine manually.

Do you know if I need to update or do something with the machine in order to achieve this PCIe Passthrough goal?

Techincal data of the machine:

HP Proliant ML30 Gen9

BIOS Version: V23 v2.00 (01/17/2017)

System Memory: 16GB

1 Processor(s) detected, 4 total cores enabled, Hyperthreading is enabled.

Proc 1: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E3-1270 v5 @ 3.60GHz.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HPE Community Support Forum -- ML Servers section...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.WQx46-Q2y9I

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.