cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MrTehNoms
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VGA cable Ignored

HP Pavillion Slimline
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hey all,

I recently cleaned out my old Compaq tower to see if it still worked. I made the mistake of connecting that tower to my current desktop's monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Now, none of those implements function when connected to my HP Pavillion tower. Since, I was already in the mood, I cleaned up my Pavillion tower, but made sure that all connections and fans were placed properly again.

When disconnected from my current tower, my monitor is aware that there is no connection. But, when I hook up the VGA, it goes to sleep instantly and will stay there.

What could I possibly do now that my mouse and keyboard won't work anymore?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MrTehNoms
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VGA cable Ignored

Ah.... the Compaq was running Windows Millenium Edition. In case that helps.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation