Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2Chron714 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vertical Blue & Pink Lines After Sleep Mode

Pavilion 550-150
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When returning to my PC after sleep mode initiates my monitor appears as the picture below. The monitor is a 24 inch Manufactured by AOC, model E2460Sw and is recognized as an AOC 2460 by Windows 10. It is an analog monitor so I am using a converter from the PC's HDMI output to a 15 Pin VGA monitor cable. The small square (lower right of center) in the attached is the mouse pointer.

IMG_4411 - Copy.JPG

I have not tried any remedies thus far. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
2Chron714 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did the experts all go to sleep? 

0 Kudos
2Chron714 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need to bump this for a solution from the pros...ideas?

0 Kudos
Phil16 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm seeing EXACTLY the same problem with an HP monitor and  HDMI connector to a brand new HP Pavilion 550-150 running factory-loaded Win 10 Home Ed.   I'm' current on updates as of today.

The only workaround I've tried so far is making sure that it never goes to sleep :(

0 Kudos
JoZe_HPEnvy360 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey guys, I've been having the exact same problem after sleep mode.

The only work around I've found is to wait or turn off the screen and then press any key or move the mouse. By doing this you avoid making hard resets. 

On the screen configuration, you have to put 1min to turn off or configure a button (power button in my case) to turn off the screen. So when it returns from sleep mode you only wait one minute or turn off the screen and then "gualá".

I think it is a GPU error.

0 Kudos
Phil16 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry -- great ideas, but they didn't work for me.   When I move the mouse around, I can see a distortion in the pattern of vertical lines, like a bubble, that seems to move with it.   But turning the display on and off doesn't help.    And pressing the keyboard doesn't seem to make any difference, either

I'm surprised HP hasn't jumped in on this thread -- this probably affects quite a number of people

0 Kudos
nywolf Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue, but it doesn't look like there is a fix for this?

0 Kudos
JoZe_HPEnvy360 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello nywolf, 

Try updating your windows 10 software. Haven't had that issue for over a year.

0 Kudos
nywolf Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but been on Windows 10 since it came out :- |

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation