cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Video Card for a HP Compaq dc5700 small factor

HP Recommended
Hello, I'm looking for a video card that will work in a HP Compaq dc5700 small factor computer. When trying to install a video card I get a error saying the cpu only supports Add 2 video cards. Can someone tell me or link a Add 2 card that will work in this type of computer? Would this work http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-256-P1-N399-LX-e-GeForce-256MB-Graphics/dp/B000V4PYTC
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,284 22,949 2,657 9,193
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SP, here is the 'Hardware Reference Guide' for the computer.  If you go to the section titled 'Hardware Upgrades', there is an explanation of the ADD2 cards.  The explanation says that the slot looks like PCI Express, but will not support the standard PCIE cards.  Therefore, the card in the link that you provided will not work.  Here is a HP ADD2 card that should work.

Signature:
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; MSI GH70 Immerse LED Headset; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7855 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have similar problem. I have DY674A adapter installed on my DC5700 but I cannot connect second monitor because it has VGA cable. Is there any other adapter or can I use VGA to DVI adapter?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello mustaficharis,

You should be able to get any DVI to VGA adapter and use the monitor as normal. Since the DY674A is compatible with your machine you should be fine with any compatibility issues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

as far as I could see on hp website, it is not possible to connect dvi-d with vga. I found it on this web page http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bph03739&lang=en&cc=us&conten...

Despite that, I have tried using DVI to VGA adapter but the screen says no signal input. As I could understand DVI-D sends only digital signal and that is the reason why it is not working. If it was DVI-I (sends digital and analog signal) it would be working.

Correct me if I am wrong?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
1,636 1,623 64 272
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You are right, your card is a pure digital card:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12008_na/12008_na.HTML
Btw. a dvi2vga adapter shouldn't fit at the card.
The pins for the analog signals will find no holes at a dvi-d port.
See wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello mustaficharis,

You are correct I overlooked the fact it was a DVI-D, my apologies. Since you have a DVI-D port then you have to go to another DVI connector and VGA will not work (as you have already noticed).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe your simply installing that card into the ADD2 only slot, which is slot# 4, its a PCI related slot... but specifically for ADD2 cards....

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation