Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BillyBob410 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video card issue - nvidia gtx 650 ti in a HP xw 4600

I am installing a nvidia gtx 650 ti into a HP xw 4600 running win 7.  At start up we are getting 6 beeps and no monitor output.

We tried the card in a different machine and it worked, so we know the card is good.  Any assitance would be appreciated!

We have upgraded the power supply to 600W thinking that was the problem, no joy.

Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1637 64 272
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the troubleshooting guide:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01973592.pdf

it's a pre-video graphics error - try to reseat the graphics card.
Well, I think you have done that already.
This is an office workstation designed for quadro graphics cards ...
Maybe you need a BIOS update:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prod...
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
0 Kudos
aerrow77 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am also having the same issue, just got a GTX 650 Ti 2g just installed a new 750w power supply with 45amp on 12v rail. getting 6 long beeps and no display. i am running an HP Envy h8 1414

Got rid of the beeps, lol. but still no display

0 Kudos
kacperbojanski Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've found an answer if you are still interested.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/375025-33-problems-installing-gtx650

0 Kudos
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 51 154
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. If you have any additional information, we recommend edit or start a new post. To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number) • Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A 2. Operating System installed (if applicable) • Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit 3. Error message (if any) • Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows 4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred • Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router. If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message! Thank you

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation