cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Video card upgrade on p6537c

HP Recommended

Hello, I just bought another HP this week and, it comes with integrated radeon 3000 graphics.  I wanted to see if I could install my asus eah5450 card?

Also, if I can, what all do I need to do?  Do I just install it, and go into the computers BIOS and change the video setting from integrated to PCIe...?

Would I need to upgrade my power supply at all...?

I greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me because I am not a computer whiz, but I can fiddle around a little bit.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
28,006 27,540 1,810 5,047
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi John,

The HP p6537c only has a 250 watt power supply and the ASUS 5450 requires a 400 watt power supply.

This Corsair PSU should do the job. It's $35 after the rebate and the PSU is a quality PSU.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply Big_Dave...and thanks for pointing out the power requirement of the 5450 card.  I kind of figured I would need to replace the PSU, and that one you posted the link to looks like a really good price.  Also, was I correct in my original post though about just putting in the card, installing the drivers that came with it and disabling the integrated graphics in the BIOS...?

Thanks again,

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
28,006 27,540 1,810 5,047
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi John,

When the bios recognizes the presence of an installed video card in the PCI-E x16 slot then the primary video adapter is assigned to the PCI-E x16 slot.  Windows will then boot up using default drivers. At that point you can use the installation CD that was shipped with the video card.  Or, go to the ATI driver support site and download the latest driver to the desktop prior to installing the new video card.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I find the stock card can't seem to play high quality videos. Ever 720, if you fullscreen it, it can't keep up. Is this normal? I'm pretty sure when I bought this it said I could play HD videos. Are there any settings I can adjust to help this onboard card use more of my computer memory? I'm assuming it's getting bogged down?

Also, I really didn't want to get a new card to fix this, but can I get a card that doesn't requite me to get a new power supply?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation