Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,199 Views)

Video card, will it fit?

I recently got an HP slimline s5212y desktop. I was wondering if there are any video cards that could possibly fit in the slim case. I see it has 1 PCI Express x 1, 1 PCI Express x16 available slots. I hope something can fit in it since video cards are beastly now and are the size of safety deposit boxes haha.
0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (2,178 Views)

Re: Video card, will it fit?

It needs to be a low profile / half height card that fits into the x16 PCI-e slot. You also need to know how much your power supply can handle so not all graphics cards will work.
Teacher
Message 3 of 4 (2,134 Views)

Try this link...and look for something short that your power supply can handle...there are some out there.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&Description=&Type=&N=2...

Highlighted
Intern
Message 4 of 4 (2,053 Views)

Try the new low profile/low power video cards.  These do not required the extra power connector that regular cards sometimes need.

They can be use with the stock PSU of most Slimlines.  I am using a Galaxy GeForce 9600 GT on a stock 220 watts PSU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation