cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Bailin
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video card

Pavilion 6510f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion p6510f desktop.  Half year ago the video port DVI was dead. So I switched to VGA port. Now VGA port is dead too. I suspect the video card is dead. Can I replace the video card by myself? Can someone point me to right direction to find procedure to do it?

Thanks,

Bailin

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
78,705 78,604 9,683 20,939
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video card

Hi,

The following link shows specs of your computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02153181

You can't repair/replace the video card since ii as an Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics (which comes with the processor and motherboard). But you can add a new video card to it because it has

• Expansion Slots:
    • 1 PCI x16 slot for graphics card
    • 3 PCI x1 slots
    • 1 PCI Express x1 minicard slot

It is a little bit old and it only has 250W PSU therefore please try:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2943107/graphics-card-designated-250w-psu.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation