cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
roger324 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Video chip not working with new monitor

I have a HP pavilion p624of desktop pc with original intel g45/g43 express video chip. I purchase a new widescreen Acer monitor, S201HLbd series. I have trouble viewing videos and video ads on my desktop.

Acer support says the problem is with the drivers. I check the HP website and do not see any update for the original intel drivers; running HP disk manager, (3rd party vendor, I assume), it tells me my video drivers are outdated, and I need to obtain from the computer manufacturer. Where can I find an update for my current video drivers to be able to view videos on my desktop. I have connected the acer monitor to my laptop and it works fine. I have booted up in safe mode and the video will work. It is not all videos, but some that will be distorted, flicker or have a black box in front of them. Need to find new updated drivers, but where?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103,603 97,634 15,165 23,343
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

Did you try changing the screen resolution to different setttngs?  For example if you went from a 4:3 monitor to a widescreen (16:9) monitor you will need to change the resolution to a widescreen resolution.

Run the Intel Driver Update utility and it will scan your PC and give you downloads for all Intel devices needing updated drivers.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_spotlight_dctop10

Paul

0 Kudos
roger324 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Paul,

I wanted to thank you for your help in getting me to the area which resolved the problem, the video resolution. I changed the resolution from 32 bit to 16 bit and the monitor is now working fine showing all videos without distortion. I truly appreciate your help, avoiding me paying HP $59.95 for "best effort" only, who knows if they would have gotten me to the correct solution. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103,603 97,634 15,165 23,343
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

Glad to be of assistance.

Paul

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation