cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jo2015M
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Virus, Scan, Formating

HP Slimline Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

since I bought my PC been infected with virus, I intalled McAfe, but it is not working, the best solution is formating the HD, how can I Format my HP Slimline Desktop,and re-instal all systems and windows?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Virus, Scan, Formating

To perform a HP System Restore, boot the system and when the HP Logo screen appears, immediately start tapping the F-11 key and you should enter the HP Recovery Restore Utility.

Just follow the onscreen instructions, and select the destructive recovery, which will format the hard drive and wipe all the data from the hard drive, insuring a complete factory fresh installation of all the software, including the operating system.

When this part of the restore completes, the system should reboot, and start as it did when you first booted the system.

You would need to enter your personal information, accept the license, etc. When this completes, make sure you have your anti-virus program installed, and go to the Windows Update site and download and install any available Windows updates.

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation