Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion a6037c
Microsoft Windows Vista

need an installation disc.  Vista Home premium. have the recovery disc, but it seems to need the installations also

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What type of recovery disc do you have? HP Recovery Discs either purchased from HP or owner created using HP Recovery Manager should not need any other install disc.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

i bought the recovery discs from Computer surgens. 2 Hp recovery discs and 1 supllemental disc.

HP Recommended

When you boot from the disc does it tell you that you need another install disc? What exactly is the message you get and at what point in the recovery process?

HP Recommended

I get my "HP Invent" blue boot screen.

then it goes black and then says " An operatating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.

Press Ctrl+lt+Del to restart"

my computer suffered a head crash and i replaced with a brand new harddrive.

HP Recommended

Your machine is trying to boot from the blank hard drive instead of Recovery Discs. Do you have anything in bottom left corner of HP Invent screen- F9 for boot options? If not enter BIOS and set CD/DVD drive as first Boot device Save & Exit.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.