cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
katejessy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Vloume Keys NOT working!!!

HP Recommended
pavillion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i've had this problem for a while niow but my volume controls on the side of my laptop along with the keys dont work in controlling the volume. they display on screen when i tapmthem that the volume changes however the sound does not physically get louder or quieter!!

the onlyy way i know of that i can change the volume is if im watching a movie i have to go to the volume in the bottom left of the screen on the video and manually change the volume which gets extremelly frustrating!!!!!

how can i fix it so the keys are controlling the volume and not the screen volume buttons.

IF YOU SORT OUT MY PROBLEM YOU WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Thank you,

Katejessy

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @katejessy,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the volume buttons on the side of your notebook are not responding, however, you do get a prompt on your screen that it is responding. Happy to help.

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps on your own?

May I know the product number of your computer? Click here for assistance.

Have you changed the operating system on your computer?

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure the audio driver, BIOS, and Chipset drivers are updated. Click here.

Run a troubleshooter available in the control panel, which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

Please provide the product number of your notebook for better assistance.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation