Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Theo5 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

W10 Anniv Update "Connect/Envy" app

What is this?

Theodora

5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
70632 8492 18258
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post

Hi,

Last year Microsoft released Windows 10 upgrade and gave it free for users who used Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computers. After one year Microsoft released new version and stopped the freebie. That why we have W10 Anniv Update (also called Windows 10 1607).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Theo5 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post

Many thankyous for your reply.  I downloaded the "freebee"  July and the Anniversary update just arrived.  My question really is concerning one of the (newly added by the Ann update) app called "Connect".  When one clicks it, it merely states "Envy - this device might have trouble displaying your content because it's hardware wasn't specifically designed for wireless projects.  A Google unusually doesn't produce an answer "

Theo5

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
70632 8492 18258
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post

Hi,

Many laptops don't support Connect natively but I think it should work with your Envy machine. More info:

http://betanews.com/2016/08/07/windows-10-anniversary-update-cast-android/

By the way, what is your machine ?   Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Theo5 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post

My DEktop is: HP Beats 23-n00 all-in-one PC

I am assuming the Connect App perhaps refers to connecting my phone to my computer (but that has alrfeady been done.)  It isnt causing problems but more curiosity as it is a new App appearing after the Anniversary update

Theo5

0 Kudos
Theo5 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post

My Desktop is: HP Beats 23-n00 all-in-one PC

I am assuming the Connect App perhaps refers to connecting my phone to my computer (but that has alrfeady been done.)  It isnt causing problems but more curiosity as it is a new App appearing after the Anniversary update

Theo5

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation