Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion pc w1288d
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HI, i have desktop HP Pavilion PC w1288d, imy keyboard and mouse suddenly stop functioning, i tried to remove and plug, same problem happen, but my computer is on, how can i do further more?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GSM_ROYAL_ICT

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion w1288d Desktop PC and the wired keyboard and mouse stopped working by themselves. You have disconnected and reconnected them and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are the keyboard and mouse connected to the USB ports or the PS/2 ports?

Example of PS/2 port:

Example of USB port:

If you're using a USB port then try connecting the keyboard and mouse to other USB Ports and check if they work fine.

Alternately, you may disconnect the keyboard and mouse and try to connect other USB devices and check if they work fine.

You may perform a Microsoft System Restore to rollback the PC to an earlier date when everything worked fine. This will undo any changes that may have taken place internally after which the keyboard and mouse stopped to work. Also, you may check if the keyboard and mouse work fine on another computer (if available).

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.