cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
appreciative1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

WPS PIN to connect Wireless screening

HP Recommended

HP ENVY h8-1520t CTO Desktop PC

I'm trying to connect Wireless Screencasting on my Philips Smart TV to my PC. 

So i went to setting > devices > + Add a device, then this diaglog box appears: 

Enter WPS PIN.JPG

On the TV > Wirless Screencasting > then the TV scans and says: 

In the setting of your deivce, enter the 8-digit pin code shown below within the next 2 minutes. 

But no pin code is shown.  

philip tv connection set up.jpg

The agent i spoke to a Philips support didn't resolve the issue. I was on the phone with him for almost 2 hours, so he said he would have to put it into research and get back with me.  He also  said that it could be an issue with the settings on my PC and to contact HP.  I think the issue is with the TV not displaying the code.  

Could there be an issue with my PC that could cause this?  What would be the resolution? 

Thank you,

Appre

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,906 90,783 11,696 25,044
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@appreciative1 wrote:

... The agent i spoke to a Philips support didn't resolve the issue.   

Hi,

This is their problem

You can find the WPS PIN on your PHILIPS_Smart_TV on the info that came with it.

Now please ask them: does it support WPS PIN? If yes, it should display on the TV screen. HP does not keep PIN from Phillips TV.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
appreciative1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you banhien.  

I must have told the agent nuemerous times that my PC is saying: 

"You can find the WPS PIN on your PHILIPS_Smart_TV or the info that came with it"

I also pointed out that in the TV's manual on page 10 under the Wireless Screencasting section, step 2 indicates:

"If PIN code is required on your device, please enter the 8-digit code appearing in the left-hand side of the TV screen."

But he insisted that the issue is with the computer.  "That my PC should send the 8-digit code to my TV.  

"If the PC is not sending the code to the TV it should be on the configuration settings on the PC."    

"Check or adjust the configuration setting on the PC or disable the security setting on your PC."

He also said: "The manufacturer has informed us that there isn't any setting on the TV that would make the 8-digit code appear. It has to be on he PC."   But that doesn't make sense to me b/c the manual says: "If PIN code is required on your device, please enter the 8-digit code appearing in the left-hand side of the TV screen." And the PC says: "You can find the WPS PIN on your PHILIPS_Smart_TV or the info that came with it."    So based on what the TV and the manual indicate, I think the TV should generate and display the code.   

He also said that this is the first time he is presented this issue and that I should contact HP.  

We'll see what the result of their research is.  

Thanks again,

Appre 

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,906 90,783 11,696 25,044
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Does it (the TV) display 8 digit code ? On my TV (which is NOT a Philips), it displayed at the bottom of screen. It MUST display a code, no matter what. No code, no connection, full stop.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
appreciative1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi banhien, 

I agree with that: No code, no connection. 

On the Connection Setup that appears on the TV screen after the TV scans it says:

"In the setting of your deivce, enter the 8-digit pin code "shown below" within the next 2 minutes."

But no pin code is "shown below" on the TV screen.  See the copy/pic above "Connection Setup". 

I still waiting for a follow up call from the agent who said he would put this issue into research. 

By chance is there anything in my PC settings or configurations that might help so that a PIN won't be required? 

Regards. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation