Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion DV7 6100 Quad
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavillion DV7-6100 Quad  64 bit laptop that came w Win 7 Pro which I upgraded to Ultimate.  I then upgraded to Win 10 Pro.

I also use an HP Officejet Pro 8500A Copier/Fax/Printer/Scanner and a HP Officejet Pro K8600 printer.

There are a slew of HP files on my system but I dont want to remove crucial ones just the ones taking up space that are not useful.  

Is there a list somewhere of file crucial for various HP Programs or programs HP supplies on its laptops?

I am probably thinking wistfully but one can hope!

I know I could probably wipe all the HP files but I know there are some I need to keep for using the Scanner, Scan to PC etc.....

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

> There are a slew of HP files on my system but I dont want to remove crucial ones just the ones taking up space that are not useful.  

Why bother? 

Disk-space is so cheap -- a long time ago, I paid $100 for a one Gigabyte disk-drive, whereas $100 will today get you a one Terabyte disk-drive -- 1000 times the capacity, for the same price.

If the HP programs are not running, they don't use any of the RAM in your computer, and cannot slow your computer down.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.