cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

What would be a viable replacement power supply for the Pavilion p6110y?

HP Recommended
Pavilion p6110y
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi!  I need to replace the power supply in my Pavilion p6110y PC.  It has a 20 pin motherboard connector and the power supplies I've seen on Amazon are now using 24 pin connectors to the motherboard.  When I tried to see if I could use a 24 pin connector on a 20 pin motherboard, the instructions I found said they couldn't be used with HP because it had different wiring.  So, I need to find a power supply I can use.  Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Barb

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
28,006 27,540 1,810 5,045
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Barb,

The original motherboard in your PC has a 24 pin ATX power connector. Review this HP motherboard information and image.

Benicia 24 pin ATX.jpg

The Corsair CX500 or CX600 would be excellent power supply choices.

Review this HP posted How-to article on replacing the power supply.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Big Dave.   I appreciate your thoughtful response.

Barb

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation