Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
arqueros Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What would be the best choice of video/graphics card upgrade for a presario SR5350F

HP Compaq Presario SR5350F running Windows 7

I would like to upgrade the video/ graphics card. What would be the best choice for the this machine and what else would I need to upgrade in order to have everything run smoothly?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost
Provost
28010 1807 5027
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What would be the best choice of video/graphics card upgrade for a presario SR5350F

Hi,

Everything running smoothly is in the "eye of the beholder".  Tells us what applications need to run smoothly.

Your PC is quite limited when it comes to PC upgrades.  Review the motherboard specifications.  The memory in this particular model is limited to 2GB which is not that good compared with newer model PCs.

Adding a video card will require a power supply upgrade.

Looking at the specifications for your PC, you might consider the following costs:

CPU upgrade $116

Power supply -- $50

Video card - $70 to $100

memory?

At new lower end HP PC would be faster and the price starts at $300.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 16GB, 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation