Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY h8-1534
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem resolves itself if I do a forced shutdown, and then turn the computer back on, but it will happen again the next time I turn my computer back on. This also does not happen directly after installing an update to my computer. It has been happening for about a year now. How could this be fixed? If I need to include more information, let me know.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Sam_Keiffer

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP ENVY h8-1534 desktop gets stuck on HP logo. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Update the bios and chipset driver from HP website.

Click here and type your pc model number to download the drivers.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This issue started when my computer updated to Windows 10 one year ago.

HP Recommended

Hi @Sam_Keiffer,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. You've done a remarkable job of troubleshooting the issue. Kudos to you for that and you your patience and resolve to try and correct the situation. 🙂 As @sandytechy20 is out of office for the day, I am jumping in to assist you with this.

Are any external devices connected to the computer? If so please disconnect them. It could be a printer or even a USB flash drive. 

Then please perform a hard reset on the computer by clicking here. Then check if the issue gets resolved.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After attempting a hard reset multiple times, both with all external devices attached, or not attached, my computer would start as it should the first time. However, the next time I would turn it on again, it would remain at the HP screen and require a hard shut down again. Sorry for the amount of time I took to reply.

HP Recommended

Hi @Sam_Keiffer,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few other suggestions which should help you to resolve this issue,

Just wanted to check if you have followed the steps suggested by the previous tech to update the Bios and Chipset drivers from our support website, using this link.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to run the system diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive from F2, (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I updated the bios and chipset, that did notwork. I then ran all three diagnostics test from the UEFI, none of them came up with a problem.

HP Recommended

@Sam_Keiffer

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Please contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.