cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rob23456 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where are the motherboard front panel connectors for the willow motherboard?

hp pavilion 510-p199na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i bought a graphics card and new psu which i installed great, but i also bought a new case and tried to install everything from the pc into the new case but i couldnt find were the power sw, reset sw and usb 3.0 front pannel connctor cables  go as their is no manuel (or so i think) for the hp willow motherboard and it doesn't specifiy where they slots are.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
red24811 Tutor
Tutor
12 11 0 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. You will be unable to use the usb3.0 front panel connectors, because it doesn't come standard ewith that motherboard. You could buy this to make it work, without sacrificing any ports:

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Female-Motherboard-Adapter-Converter/dp/B009SJCPO8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electr...

(Plugs into the already existing usb 2.0 port and makes it a 3.0 port)

2. Were ever your previous case connectors were located, you have to trial and error to find the correct placement.

Highlighted
rob23456 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i would but i think in the normal pavilion case it came with custom connectors if you will, were it was just one i think 5 pin connecter for everything

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation