Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Monica47 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do I download a display adaptor driver for Windows 7

Compaq d 530 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I can only use standard VGA with my current configuration as the system doesn't recognise any other drivers. Is there a Windows 7 driver update for my computer?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
103118 93670 14382 22101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do I download a display adaptor driver for Windows 7

Hi:

You have to manually install this XP graphics driver as follows...

Download and run this driver.  You will most likely get an unsupported operating system error.

This package contains the driver for the Intel Graphics in supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp31001-31500/sp31335.exe

Close out of any error windows.

Go to the device manager and click on the Video Controller device needing the driver.  Note...It may also be listed under the Display Adapters device category as a Standard VGA Adapter.  So, click on whichever one you see.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, click on the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on the Have Disk button and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp31335\Win2000\ialmnt5 and select the Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller from the list, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation