Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PavilionAll in one Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can be using a jigsaw, looking at photos or browsing for something and it just shuts down. So that i have to sign in again.

I only bought this machine in december 16. please help.

Bridget

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @scottishbridget, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that your PC shuts down intermittently.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware or changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist your better.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Many hardware drivers or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:
In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
Restart the computer.
 NOTE:
The computer no longer restarts automatically when a problem occurs. Instead, a blue screen appears with more useful information. You can now search for a resolution using the information in the error.

Refer this article further troubleshoot Computer Restarts Unexpectedly.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Got your answer but it hasn't happened again yet, so don't know why it occurs . Your help is much appreciated

HP Recommended

@scottishbridget,

You are welcome.

I understand that the issue has not reoccurred. 

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague. 

You may follow the steps provided in the previous interaction if the issue reoccurs.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.