Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,843 Views)

Why does only Rite-Aid but not Target, Walmart, OfficeMax, or the HP.com website sell HP CD-Rs?

Today, in Bakersfield, California, I shopped for HP CD-Rs at Target, Walmart, and OfficeMax but found the HP CD-Rs only at Rite-Aid pharmacy. I wanted to shop for a better buy of the HP CD-Rs at one of the other stores, including Best Buy, but I did not check to see whether or not the HP CD-Rs are sold at a Best Buy, one of which is where I purchased an HP dvd1040e. Since I purchased an HP printer at Sam's Club and Target, Walmart, and OfficeMax sell HP printers and HP ink cartridges, why don't Target, Walmart, and OfficeMax sell HP CD-Rs? In my CD equipment, other brands of CD-Rs, including TDK and Memorex, have gotten significantly more errors than the HP CD-Rs.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (1,801 Views)

Re: Why does only Rite-Aid but not Target, Walmart, OfficeMax, or the HP.com website sell HP CD-Rs?

Balfer, welcome to the forum.

This is a peer to peer help forum.  Most of us are not employed by HP.  However, it is up to the store which merchadise/brands they sell; not HP.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 4 (1,790 Views)

Re: Why does only Rite-Aid but not Target, Walmart, OfficeMax, or the HP.com website sell HP CD-Rs?

Not sure about cds, but I have seen HP DVDs in our local Wal Mart.I do purchase a few Lightscribe disks by HP, but my preferred brand in cd and dvd is Sony, get very good results.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (1,782 Views)

Hello Balfer, A agree with CherylG. I do have some HP Lightscribe CDs and DVDs that I use for particular purposes when I make a CD or DVD for others.

I much prefer Sony DVDs, and never purchase CDs since all the burning I do is more than a CD will accomodate.

I just found some 100 Sony DVD-R packs at a local online store for $26.99 with free shipping. I purchased two of these at those prices. The same DVDs in the walk in store were $62.99 plus tax.

I now have close to 300 Sony DVD-R disks. That should last me a week or two....Smiley Happy

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation