Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion a732n
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Why my computer can go to man as house but after searching websites it can not open the website?

It says that. The connection is not secure.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mack14

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand your HP a732n doesn't seem to go from one web page to another, is that right? (please correct me If I'm wrong)

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that neither HP nor Microsoft supports windows XP anymore?

That said, I will make an honest attempt to help you out, however, I can only provide limited support and here's what I suggest,

Click here to Solve Setup and Internet Connection Issues on a Wireless Network with XP

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Still could not get that fixed. I have Microsoft Xp and I have
Fios for internet. No problem with any other device and only HP can not go from website to website. Can some one walk me with fixing it?

Mack
HP Recommended

Hello, @Mack14

I see that you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher. I'd like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

Going through your post, this could be an issue with the web browser. Did you try using a different browser? If you have already tried with a different browser, then try to reset the browser and check.

Follow the steps below and check:

To reset the Internet explorer:

1. Press the “Windows key” + “R” to get the “Run” window.
  2. Type “inetcpl.cpl” and press ok to get the internet explorer properties.
  3. Go to “Advanced” tab and select “Reset” option to completely reset the internet explorer.
  4. Now open the internet explorer and try playing games.

To reset Chrome:

1. At the top right, click More (Three horizontal dots) and then Settings.
  2. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  3. Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  4. In the box that appears, click Reset.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.