Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Touchsmart with Windows 7.  Not getting any error messages -- just the videos will never load.  I have the latest Java and Flash player.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this procedure on both computers.

First, download the Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

Flash Player Uninstaller.

When the download has completed, close all browser windows and run the uninstaller.  After this has completed, restart the computer.

Next, download and install Firefox and then using Firefox, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash.  Note: You may want to deselect the option to include McAfee Security Scan Plus before downloading.

Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.

Launch Firefox and see if the videos play Ok - if they do, close Firefox, open Internet Explorer and check that videos play Ok - if they don't, click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component.  When done, restart Internet Explorer.

If you still get the loading problem, run a check on the speed of your internet connection using a site like the one on the link below, in case this is what's causing the problem.

http://speedtest.net/

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have a Presario CQ61 running Firefox. I am having the same issues as of this afternoon. I can run video anywhere else but YT. I can even run YT vids on other sites. I've uninstalled/reinstalled firefox, java, shockwave, flash and I've diabled Adblock. All to no avail. Please help!!

HP Recommended

Why won't my HP desktop or laptop play youtube videos?

HP Recommended

Rumykynd,

Check your firewall and see if youtube is being restricted/blocked.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

Why won't the videos on my laptop play? (they're videos that I made)

HP Recommended

I have not had this computer too long not used to this windows environment. You tube videos will not load.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.