cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
heathernikki94
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Wifi problems

HP Recommended
Pavilion windows 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My wifi won't connect. The wifi connections will pop up and be available but it says "No internet, secured". I know it's something wrong with my laptop and not the wifi because the wifi is connecting to my iPhone and iPad! This has been happening for several days!
11 REPLIES 11
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First thing to try: turn off your wireless router (or the "combination" box supplied by your Internet provider, that is both a "modem" and a "wireless router").  Wait 10 seconds, and turn it on, and wait for it to fully reboot. Then, try to connect your computer's wireless adapter.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
heathernikki94
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have tried that. However, it's not just my home wifi that my laptop isn't recognizing. It's every wifi that I've tried my college, my apartment complex office wifi, friends apartments. It's not my adapter that's the issue, something's wrong with my laptop. I've also tired troubleshooting and it says nothing is wrong with this adapter for each wifi I have tried. So weird.
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Product name: Pavilion Windows 10

Has the wireless *EVER* worked?

Can you please be more specific, so that I can look at the hardware specifications.

> I have tried that.

Thanks for the additional information.  It helps.

> However, it's not just my home wifi that my laptop isn't recognizing. It's every wifi that I've tried ...

Does your laptop have a physical switch, such as a "slider", that enable/disables the wireless adapter?

[Knowing the specific model-number would help me view pictures of your laptop, to look for such a switch.]

Or, a label on one of the 12 F-keys, which, when used with the 'FN' key on your keyboard, can enable/disable it?

heathernikki94
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes my wireless normally works. I've had this laptop for 3 years and this is the first time it's done this. My wifi always work when I'm at school, at home, or anywhere that has wifi for that matter.

My laptop doesn't have a physical switch or a label on the 12F key.

I have a windows 10 hp pavilion
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> My wifi always work when I'm at school, at home, or anywhere that has wifi for that matter.

Is that in the past, and in the present, or only in the past?

> My laptop doesn't have a physical switch or a label on the 12F key.

I meant for you to look at all twelve of the F-keys, not just the 'F12' key.

> I have a windows 10 hp pavilion 

Again, I'm asking you to be more specific, so that I can look at images, to look for a switch, or to look at the labels on those twelve keys.  Please check the label on the bottom of your laptop.

heathernikki94
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Like I said, my laptop just not started to not connect to wifi. So this has never happened to me before so since Sunday my laptop has not been able to connect to the wifi.

Also, yes I understood what you were saying I looked at all the "F-keys" none of them do.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough I'm not that great with technology... I don't have me laptop with me so I'll have to get more information later. There's multiple labels on the bottom of my screen I don't know which one you want...
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> There's multiple labels on the bottom of my screen I don't know which one you want.

It's probably the most "professional-looking" one -- not just a simple small one  with black text on a white sticker that mostly has numbers/letters.  The correct one probably has 'P/N' ("part number") and 'S/N' ("serial number").

Posting the P/N would be good -- please do not post the S/N.

heathernikki94
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Some of the PN number is scratched off so I'm trying to make the most of it: F9J1 either a 0 or 8 8AABA some was scratched off and I can't tell
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> F9J1 either a 0 or 8 8AABA 

is your P/N:  F9J18UA  with a suffix of '#ABA', i.e., a "touchscreen" laptop?

If so, see page 13 of: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04196644   for the diagram:

Capture.JPG

1. Question mark

2. Sunshine

3. 8-point star

4. External-monitor-off/on

5. (unassigned)

6. turn speakers off/on

7. decrease speaker volume

8. increase speaker volume

9. rewind to start

10. play/pause

11. fast-forward to end

12. airplane

So, if you hold-down the 'FN' key (bottom-left of your keyboard), touch the "airplane", and release both keys, you can enable (or disable) your wireless adapter.  Repeat those keys to disable (or enable) your wireless adapter. 

That "airplane-mode" is best-used on most airplanes, because only a few airplanes offer "inflight-WiFi", and it quickly drains your computer's battery while trying and trying and trying and trying to connect to non-existent WiFi networks.

I hope this helps.

Please click "Accept as solution" if this information solves your problem.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation