Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp slimline 400-009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having issues with some bad wifi speed on my computer. I noticed the issue about 3-4 days ago when I was watching a twitch stream and I got frequent buffering even on low quality setting.

The big issue is that my wifi works for every other devicce in the house except this device. I've tried my ipad 2 in the same room and had no trouble streaming for an extended period of time. I tried an internet speed test comparison when the computer was buffering the stream. The computer got 2mbps the ipad got 20 mbps. So I'm fairly certain it is an issue with the computer.

Things that I've tried:

I've updated my network drivers.

I've tried temporarly disabiling my firewall to test if it was an issue with an over zelous firewall.

I've made sure that my desktop and the router have a clean path with no devices between them. I also have my desktop elevated higher than other devices in the room.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @watt2, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have wireless issues with your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the results list, right-click Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
If a User Account Control screen displays asking if you want to allow the app to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
Type the following commands one at a time, pressing Enter after each one.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
Type the following command in Command Prompt and press Enter. This opens the TCP Global Settings. netsh int tcp show global.
Make sure all settings are disabled except Receive-Side Scaling State.
Close Command Prompt, reboot the system and see if you can connect to the wireless network.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless issues with your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is what showed up, how do i disable the rest?

TCP Global Parameters
----------------------------------------------
Receive-Side Scaling State                     : enabled
Chimney Offload State                            : disabled
NetDMA State                                            : disabled
Direct Cache Access (DCA)                      : disabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level    : disabled
Add-On Congestion Control Provider   : none
ECN Capability                                           : disabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps                            : disabled
Initial RTO                                                    : 3000
Receive Segment Coalescing State      : disabled
Non Sack Rtt Resiliency                          : disabled
Max SYN Retransmissions                      : 2
TCP Fast Open                                            : enabled

HP Recommended

@watt2, It was a quick response. I was indeed waiting for your response.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

It looks like most of the parameters are disabled.

However, you don't have to disable Receive-side scaling state and TCP fast open.

After disabling the settings do you still have the wireless issue with your PC?

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just tried  watching a twitch stream for 25 minutes to check for buffering. I didn't have any issues except when I tried to access facebook while watching the stream. I think it's okay, but that last part bothers me. I'll let you know if I run into further issues.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@watt2, Thanks for your quick response.

Sure you can take your time and get back to me if you have any concerns.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.