Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ressikan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will I void the warranty if I replace the current HDD in my machine with an SSD?

HP ENVY Phoenix 850se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just bought a custom HP ENVY Phoenix 850se and the HDD is a terribly slow 2tb sata which drags the performance of the PC down in a huge way.  From my old computer I removed the SSD, can I swap the two drives without voiding the warranty?

The current HDD is a 2tb seagate running Windows 7 Pro

The SSD is a 1tb Samsung 850EVO running Windows 7 HP

Both are 64bit.

If it does not void the warranty, can I have the stipulation in writing?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 739 67 130
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will I void the warranty if I replace the current HDD in my machine with an SSD?

Greetings,

No one in this forum can give you assurance in writing.

You can use the SSD.

I have an 810-150se and did what you are contemplating. My PC came with the option to select a 128 GB or 256 GB SSD, or a 2 TB HDD. I selected the 2 TB HHD and then added a 256 GB SSD as the OS drive after purchase with no ill effects when restoring the factory image.

One caveat, you must put the PC back to factory specs if it has to be serviced by HP. Some hardware changes can make it difficult to load the factory image. HP will do this (load the factory image) before returning the PC to you after performing warranty service.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Ressikan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jay,

Thanks for your reply.

I have in-home warranty service so there is no problem there.  I need the stipulation in writing before I open the PC.  If I can't get that, I have to return, since its dead-slow as-is.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 739 67 130
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ressikan,

You're welcome.

Send it back before the return period expires.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation