cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FernandoBolio
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Will the 1050ti work on the HP Envy 750-137cb?

HP Recommended
Envy 750-137cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi I'm planning on upgrading the video on this desktop from its integrated graphics to a GTX 1050ti, but I'm worrying that the 300W power supply won't be enough or if there is room for the new GPU In the case. Also, will there be any issue with BIOS when upgrading, since I read the article about Safe Boot vs Legacy Boot and would like to know if I need to that as well. Any advice is welcome, thank you.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,429 90,306 11,609 24,901
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It will fit and 300W should be just enough

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-1050-ti/specifications

But you need to check BIOS, you need latest BIOS from the following link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/888...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
FernandoBolio
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Okay I will install the latest BIOS tomorrow, and after it shouldn't be a problem when installing the new video card correct? Or do I still have to do the legacy mode startup think I mentioned earlier?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation