Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Will the Sapphire R9 380 work with the chicago motherboard?

HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE h8-1207eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am about to buy a new graphics card for my older Pavilion and I'm thinking about buying this R9 380 from Sapphire.

I've heard that people have had problems with the legacy BIOS of the motherboard in this PC (IPISB-CH2) and I'd like to know if the same problems would occur with this graphics card. I think it has dual bios which (I assume) would make the card compatible with older motherboards. I've made sure every other component works with the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :generic:

-Max

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,939 22,599 2,615 8,917
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hjalpmovie, welcome to the forum.

If you read the Specifications tab in the link that you provided, it states that a power supply unit (PSU) of no less than 500W is required.  The PSU in your computer is only 460W.  I suggest at least 600W to assure that you have enough power for future upgrades.

You should also measure the space where the card fits to assure that it will accept a card that is 9.5" (237.35 mm).  It has a hybrid VBIOS that allows it to work with a Legacy or UEFI BIOS.  If it were me, I would contact the manufacturer to assure that it will work before ordering it.  This will save the shipping to return it if it doesn't work for some reason.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

Signature:
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello, I've bought a 650w SeaSonic PSU already, so that's good, I'm pretty sure I will be able to get that beast inside of my case! Sapphire has responded to many questions like mine and they are saying it should be working with almost any motherboard. I'll contact them just to be sure!

Thank you! 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,939 22,599 2,615 8,917
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  The SeaSonic PSU should be great.

Signature:
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation