Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

That was the first thing that I tried two days ago.  The Windows Device Manager merely finds that the "generic" Standard Microsoft VGA Adaptor driver that is currently installed is the "latest and greatest."

Actually, Windows 7 runs GREAT on the HP D530, except that upgrading(???) from Windows XP disables graphics hardware acceleration.  Fortunately, I don't do hardly any 3D graphic operations; so, I could get by with the existing situation . . . except why pay money to upgrade from XP to Win-7, when Windows 7 supports the hardware base less than optimally than XP?  My worry is, that Microsoft's supportof XP will eventually cease.  But, maybe by then, HP (or somebody) will provide a driver for the large installed base of HP D530 machines.  Oh well, thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Update:  I solved my problem.  Even though HP has structured its SoftPac executable program (sp31335.exe) so that it won't install the XPDM graphic driver ver. 6.14.10.4396 on an HP-D530 with Windows 7 OS, Intel makes this driver available on its WEB site and which is downloadable in .ZIP format.

While doing research, however, I found a later version of the Intel driver and installed it.  The Windows DirectX Diagnostic Utility  reports NO errors and hardware acceleration has been turned on.  Also, 96MB of memory is allocated to graphics.  I've run for a solid week with full graphics performance at least equal to what was previously achieved in Windows XP.  The data for this download is as follows:

Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4656
Driver Date: 08/01/2006
----------------------
c:\windows\inf\ialmnt5.inf
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ialmnt5.sys
C:\Windows\system32\ialmrnt5.dll
C:\Windows\system32\ialmdnt5.dll
C:\Windows\system32\ialmdev5.dll
C:\Windows\system32\ialmdd5.dll
C:\Windows\system32\igxpxa32.cpa
C:\Windows\system32\igxpxa32.vp
C:\Windows\system32\igxpxk32.vp
C:\Windows\system32\igxpxs32.vp

Apparently, Intel provided this driver to Microsoft for inclusion on the VISTA install disk to support the 865G family (and others).  I've extracted the following snippet:

Q3: Is Intel providing WDDM drivers for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (Intel GMA 900) on Intel 915 Express chipset-based platforms?

A3: Intel will provide support for WDDM drivers beginning with the Intel® 945 Express chipset family and beyond. See question 5 below for a detailed explanation of WDDM support on Intel® 915 Express chipset-based platforms. However, Windows Vista is supported on the Intel® 865G, 915G Express desktop chipsets and 852/855GM mobile chipsets running XPDM (XP Display Driver Model) driver included on the Windows Vista install media. Windows Vista will install on these platforms, but advanced features such as Windows Aero will not be enabled as XPDM drivers do not support Windows AERO.

The above text was extracted from the following WEB link:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-023606.htm

The version  6.14.10.4656 driver that I'm successfully using on my HP-D530 is discussed in the following Microsoft Forum thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/5406d400-e9ef-4a10-a913-3706c16...

The link to the actual driver (which was deleted from the previous thread) is as follows:

http://cid-ad503689c74985c7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Intel%2082865g%20Driver%20%5E5Vista-W...

Hope all of this helps someone else, and I thank all of the people who created the above references.  My HP-D530 now works GREAT!!!!

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention.  The driver that I am using to support the Intel 865G (82865G) is certified for Windows Vista, but NOT Windows 7.  It seems to work perfectly with Windows 7, but when installing the driver, Windows 7 sends a message that the driver is NOT certified and tries to discourage the user from installing it.  I installed it anyway and it has transformed my Windows 7 experience with the HP-D530 SFF computer.

The following WEB link from the Intel WEB site explains the situation from Intel's perspective:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-030907.htm

HP Recommended

Hi I'm very new to all this but I found a free down load of the 3d hardware accelerator card 1.10.01 by Microsoft on a web site,it by Creative ALchemy. I downloaded it the first time I have ever done such a thing, and have not had any problems, its been 5 days now so for what its worth to those of you who have so much more knoweledge than I hope it helps

HP Recommended

Excellent job, Phil, this also worked on the Dell GX270. great graphics...many thanks...

HP Recommended

Do you get Aero with this driver or just that the graphics works normally and you don't get that graphics acceleration is disabled message?

I found it much easier to purchase a used AGP fanless video card for $20.00.

The models I used on my d530's were the Nvidia 6200 128 MB AGP video card and the ATI Radeon 9600SE 128 MB AGP video card. With these cards installed all features of Windows 7 work just fine.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks for that post, I now have a ACER Veriton 3600G with 100% working Windows 7 Ultimate on 640MB RAM, yeh haa!!

HP Recommended
640Mb ram is not recomended to run windows 7. I would put at least 2gb of ram to ensure better performance.
HP Recommended
hasta cuando tengo que esperar los drivers para win 7 para mi ordenador modelo hp d530 sff.por favor si fueran tan amables
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.