cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JakeyyCool
Level 1
16 14 0 0
Message 1 of 29
Flag Post

Windows 10 Boots to Recovery Manager

HP Recommended
HQ-TRE 71025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, every time I startup my computer, it says "Please Wait" and proceeds to open recovery manager.

I have tried the BIOS, and tons of other options such as a hard reboot, and I have checked on countless forums. Please help. I am running windows 10.

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> proceeds to open recovery manager.

What happens next?  How many seconds/minutes do you wait?

Does it start to try to diagnose the problem(s) that prevented a successful boot?

Does it offer to run "System Restore" to an earlier checkpoint?

0 Kudos
JakeyyCool
Author
Level 1
16 14 0 0
Message 3 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It doesnt offer a system restore, nor does it tey to diagnose the problem, I have waited anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours, and nothing seems to beworking. 

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 4 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After two "unsuccessful" reboots, it should automatically launch the Recovery Environment.

If you click on "Advanced Tools", you can get a command-line, and try things like 'CHKDSK C: /F',

to see if file-system problems are causing the problem.

0 Kudos
JakeyyCool
Author
Level 1
16 14 0 0
Message 5 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It continiues to recovery manager, even after two unsucessful reboots.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 6 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wrote:

>> After two "unsuccessful" reboots, it should automatically launch the Recovery Environment.

You wrote:

> It continues to recovery manager, even after two unsucessful reboots. 

Agreed.

What happens next? 

How many minutes does it take?

Does it "work" for quite a while, trying to fix one (or more) problems, and then ask to reboot?

Does your computer have a lamp on the front that lights-up when the disk-drive is accessed?

Does that lamp "blink" erratically, or is it solidly "on", to indicate more-or-less "continuous" usage of the disk-drive?

0 Kudos
JakeyyCool
Author
Level 1
16 14 0 0
Message 7 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After that, it just says on the screen, I can click the other "tools" such as "run computer checkup", "Show contact information", and "File backup" but system recovery is blacked out.

It takes about 30 seconds to boot up, and as soon as it does it opens to recovery manager, and no matter how long I wait, It doesn't ask to reboot.

I have three lights, one for the battery, one for the power, and one that looks like three CD-disks, that isn't on.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 8 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I can click the other tools such as "run computer checkup" ...

What happens when you do "click" ?

How long does it take?

Does that "stack-of-CDs" light start to blink?

0 Kudos
JakeyyCool
Author
Level 1
16 14 0 0
Message 9 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I apologize for the widely delayed responses, and I'll give you all the info I can.

There are four buttons labeled 'System Recovery,' 'Run Computer Checkup,' 'Show Contact Information' and 'File Backup'

'System Recovery is gray in color, and I cannot select it. 

Clicking the 'Run Computer Checkup' button brings up three selections, Check disk for the windows partition, Check disk for the recovery partition, and open command prompt. Selecting the first one results in an error after about a minute, which says, "Error Detected in index $i30 for file 6034" The second is normal, and I can open a command prompt.

Clicking the 'Show Contact' button simply shows how to contact hp.

Clicking the fourth button results in two selections: "Auto Selection" Which fails with the error codes  "FFFFFF15" and "6"

and "User Selectio

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 10 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  "Error Detected in index $i30 for file 6034"

> The second is normal, and I can open a command prompt.

That error-message indicates some corruption in the file-system.

So,  open a command-prompt, and type:   CHKDSK C: /F

and press ENTER.

Either it will immediately run a "check-disk", to analyze/fix the file-system,

or it will tell you that the "disk-check" will run after you reboot.

After the "check-disk", or after that "next reboot" message, type:    SHUTDOWN   -R    -T   5

to force a shutdown and reboot, after 5 seconds.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation