cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Yvan2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10 Mail doesn't work

HP Recommended
Slimline 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my new desktop everything works fine except Windows 10 Mail.   It won't sync., refuses to recognise my password and other info, although that works perfectly well with 2 laptops we have which operate on Windows 10 too.    The same password, etc., also work on a 10yr old XP.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,654 10,650 993 3,004
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have two other PC using the same Window s10 mail app, try transfering the info from a working PC to this problem PC.  While I have not done this, they indicate there is a free app made to do things like this as part of Windows.  Look aver this article to see if any of the apps will fill the need:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2015/sep/17/move-files-programs-to-new-pc-windows-10

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Yvan2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ihave tried to transfer informations, ect... from the working computers to the new one, but after about an hour of going around in circle and getting nowhere and eventually losing Windows mail on all our other three computers, I gave up in despair on Microsoft Windows 10 mail.  I contacted our ISP server i.e the Postoffice and they issued us with a new password. I can now get our mail through mypostoffice.co.uk on all our four computers. So thanks to our ISP and no thanks at all to Windows 10 unhelpfull  approach. Many thanks to the forum for having woken me up.

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,654 10,650 993 3,004
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for reporting back on a solution.  I never relied on Windows mail products but use Thunderbird for my email.  As long as the solution you worked out works for you, that is what is important.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation