cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10 Update missing?

HP Elite (HPE-410f)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have an HP Elite 410f with Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1) pre-installed.

I am not showing the usual Windows 10 update in the system tray, even as all Windows updates have been downloaded and installed.

I have read that there are a number of HP desktops and notebooks that don't qualify for the update?

Will this be a problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,467 81,360 10,155 21,826
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Please use the following tool (do not unzip, just rename to bat) and run as Administrator.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

When I try to rename it from .zip to .bat, it just renames it .bat.zip.

>.<

0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
81,467 81,360 10,155 21,826
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Looks like you have to turn on Folder options (from Control panel) to view extentions by untick Hide extensions then Apply

folder.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Didn't work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you very much for the prompt response. The .bat file worked great.  Setting the file attribute as described for Windows 7 did not work.  Kudos to the author of the batch file.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

just completed all updates ready to clean up (bleeper) & install windows 10   case no#3019088390

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

need on line support with 6 diget code and access my computor?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation