Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can anyone help on a replacement Micro ATX mother board make and model that will fit the unit (not the offending Pegatron IPISB-NK (Lavaca3-SB) motherboard as I assume that will just corrupt from what I've read here.

The Pegatron spec is as follows but I can't find any other model with this exact config.

uAIX 22cm (8.7in) x 24.2cm (9.5in)
Chipset - Intel H61
LGA1155

So at this stage no software or hardware solution....this is my last attempt at fixing it before I take a hammer to it. Infuriated! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@GarethUK

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you need assistance in replacing the motherboard on your computer,

I'm afraid HP Doesn't support upgrading or changing the hardware components of your product as it would void the HP warranty,
If you have to get the same done, You may do so at your own discretion.

That said, If your device is not covered by the warranty, please visit HP Partsurfer using your product number to search for the compatible hardware components,

And then use the HP Parts Store to order the genuine parts from HP directly.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No surprise that my message was edited to remove the part about HP not responding on the WDF violation issue given the number of issues reported on this and similar forums. 

HP Recommended

Ok on your partsurfer site, the replacement board is:

Motherboard - Lavaca3-SB, Beats, H61 Win8

Part no:698394-501

Now please advise me this - does this board have a warranty in case I get the same issue and W10 corrupts it on install? And will HP pay for this to be installed if this occurs?

The point here is that I have scoured the web and spoken to HP reps, and no official has provided a reasonable explanation to why W10 has bricked my HP Envy 23-D135EA. The only solution seems to replace the board, but some have had issues with the replacement boards if they don't swap back to W8. I have wasted too much time and money to repeat this issue over and over.

HP Recommended
If I were you, I would just tell the HP folks to replace the motherboard. I had wdf violation I submitted my AIO to HP support they replaced the motherboard and advised me not to update to Windows 10 as the motherboard is not compatible with 10. See my previous post. Hope you get your problem fixed as soon as possible.
HP Recommended

Thanks. Was your kit under warranty and if not, did HP charge you? Can you post the response from them admitting that W10 not compatible - that would be interesting to see.

HP Recommended
Welcome! Yes my kit was under warranty upto 8 months. I don't have any written response from them, that's what the service outlet guy said to me and I believe it because prior to my current motherboard the service guys did replace a new motherboard and after some time of testing that motherboard died too. Months have passed and all is running fine, now on Windows 8.1
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.