Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Windows 10 and Keyboard Drivers

HP Recommended
Pavillion Elite m9402f
Other

HP Pavillion Elite m9402f

Windows 10 Insider Preview is a blast! If you haven't tried it yet, do so. I suggest you use a dual drive setup. Have a back up OS on one drive, and Windows 10 on the other. With that said, here's the problem I'm running into with Windows 10.

I have a multimedia keyboard that came with the system. It has certain features I like. Such as, buttons for opening the ROM drives. I LOVE THOSE!!!

Problem is, I can't load the driver for the keyboard. It gets almost all the way done, but when it wants to run the updates for it, it says I have an incompatable OS.

Here's the whole message:

Your system does not meet the operating system requirements.

Update has been canceled. (9998)

The file I'm trying to use is sp44447.

I don't know what to do anymore. I want to use this keyboard. I'd hate to have to go out and try to find one like this, that has drivers that work with Windows 10. It would be much simpler if there were an updated driver for this one.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

How are you connecting the keyboard to the system ???  USB  ? PnP ? Wireless USB ?? 

Please bare in mind that Win 10 is a preview and is buggy and can be unstable , on that basis not all drivers and or hardware are supported by Microsoft and or your Keyboards manufacturer , Which means drivers may not be available for the keyboard .  Thing to do is try another keyboard even if connected the same way to the system and see if the additional keyboard will work .

Hope this helps 

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in answering. Been a lot going on here.

In response to your statement. I have to call foul here. If you are an HP expert, then you'd know that the HP Pavillion that I refer to, came with a stock PS/2 keyboard. The connection has nothing to do with how the keyboard works. Not in this day. Oh, back in the days of Windows 95 and 98, yeah, the keyboard or mouse connections had a lot to do with how they operate. But not with today's operating systems.

This is an HP issue. HP needs to add Windows 10 to it's platform of updates, so people can update things like their keyboards, mice or TV tuners. And I'm sure there are many others out there who would like their other HP devices to work, but can't, because HP hasn't added Windows 10 to their update section. A small disclaimer should be added, that Windows 10 is in tech trials, and things still might not work quite right. That way, people won't be screaming about things not working.

But as I said, this is an HP issue, not a Windows 10 or operator issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok
Firstly HP do not have to provide any support at this point in time for Windows 10 or any other BETA software . Secondly I don't have to justify my Expert Status to any user , HP create the Expert status not a individual promoting him/herself as something they are not . If you were so clued up about Windows 10 and HP's so called responsibilities to provide support for a unofficially released software why did you ask any questions to start with ?
Anyway I hope you get things sorted out with your machine quickly

Kind Regards
Checkurtech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

This is my first post here so please be patient.  I have a Compaq Presario CQ2014 DESKTOP PC and the reason I am posting today is because I want to get the new free Windows 10 when it's released at the end of July.  In the window icon that appeared on my taskbar recently, it says that Windows 10 can be upgraded to this PC, but there "may" be an "issue" with my Terminal Server Keyboard and Mouse Drivers.  After reading this I started checking and I found this:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/terminal-server-keyboard-dri...

It says that I should contact the manufacturer to ask them when/if drivers are going to be available on the 29th of July?

Is this going to be a problem because it kind of sounds like a mixed message to me?  Should I be worried?  Should I hold off downloading Windows 10 for a month or two until the bugs are worked out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After I posted my message I was starting to shut down for the day when I actually got a reply call from HP saying they had assigned me a case number and that they would be assisting me!  The person said HP was working on driver updates for the new Windows 10, and that they were hopefull that they would be ready in time. If not, then shortly afterwards. We exchanged contact information and she sent me an Email to confirm.
So, today I Emailed her some questions similar to the ones I posted here, and I am looking forward to working with her to help with my upgrade to Windows 10 after it comes out.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation