cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alexcpp Tutor
Tutor
21 15 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 anniversary update audio problem

500 215 el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an audio problem, then before upgrading to Windows 10 or the anniversary update the audio working properly after updating I noticed right away that the sound is distorted or " crackles " .
I have not identified the problem well because it is random,but it is tied to the bass it happens very often and it is very annoying my sound system is IDT DTS Sound + I tried to reinstall the drivers with the latest version but no dice the problem persists ...
I only noticed that the problem is more "feel " when the bass setting is higher or when I change the audio setting to my liking .
I kindly ask for help has also become really annoying because without my custom settings is really horrible!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Retired
Retired
18,208 17,730 1,286 1,939
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Alex, 

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!.

You can try the following steps.

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window.

And also try the following steps

When using built in speakers in the Laptop or Possibly any other Speakers:
Right Click Start (the White Windows Icon located at the Bottom left hand of your screen)
Click on Control Panel
Click on Hardware and Sound
Click on Dolby Advanced Audio
Click on listening experience
Check the box next to Dolby Advanced Audio

However if you still have concerns reply back to us with the product number.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Alexcpp Tutor
Tutor
21 15 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already tried to do this operation .
The problem lies on bass before the upgrade went perfectly , I tried EVERYTHING but the problem is the DRIVER please update your drivers !

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the reply please provide me the product information i.e. (product number and serial number), so i can check whether we have updated drivers available.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Alexcpp Tutor
Tutor
21 15 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers are already updated to the latest version or the sp71717 ( 6.10.6504.0 )

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the reply please uninstall the audio driver from device manager and update the audio driver from the link: http://hp.care/2bLT74o

And also try the following step.

Right click speaker icon in taskbar > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > switch to 24 bit, 96000 Hz.

Please reply back if you still have any concern.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Alexcpp Tutor
Tutor
21 15 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The two solutions have not worked, also the drivers that you have given me have been unable to install due to system incompatibility error.

Help me.

0 Kudos
Danvrez Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as you, before the anniversary update the sound worked very well, but after the update it just stops working, or the beats audio doesn't start correctly at startup causing a distortion on bass.
I find a kind of workaround to fix it, every time i start my computer the first thing i do is open beats audio, and then just minimalize the window, don't close it. if you do, the driver becomes crazy and do weird things with bass. thats the way i find to get the audio correctly processed, i think something is killing beats audio or doesn't let it to operate correctly

0 Kudos
Alexcpp Tutor
Tutor
21 15 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm going crazy, I can not stand this, I also formatted the computer with the hope of a solution but to no avail the problem persists ask HP to apply pressure to update this **bleep** driver after aniversary update update is having problems only They are not alone as they were open a lot of post in this section. Please help!

0 Kudos
Alexcpp Tutor
Tutor
21 15 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To demonstrate this problem, I created a video specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIWBu92a91g

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation