Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Valterred Tutor
Tutor
18 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 10 anniversary update

HP pavilion p6725it
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating windows 10 anniversary, pc often remains frozen for a few seconds. It's a common problem to other PCs.  Do you have a solution?

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13027 1224 2878
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

Valterred

The Anniversary Update (AU) is a whole NEW version of Win10.  The previous was 10586; this is 14393 -- and the community Win10 forums are awash with folks whose machines, which had previously been running Win10 without problems, SUDDENLY developed problems either trying to install this Update, or after installing this Update.

My desktop has been running Win10 without problems since the earliest days of the Insider Preview over a year ago and it's sailed through Update after Update without problems.  So, you can imagine my surprise when the AU trashed my PC -- to the degree that I restored it from an image backup.

What MIGHT work is something known as a repair-install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.

To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!

Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Valterred Tutor
Tutor
18 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

I have already made these procedures but the problem remained. When I use windows 10 often crash for a few secohds.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
13027 1224 2878
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

OK ... then I have to ask: WHICH version of Windows came preinstalled on your PC: Windows 7 or Windows 8?

From what I can tell, HP does NOT supply Win10 drivers for your PC.

If your PC came with Win7, you're lucky it even works at all!

If your PC came with Win8, you could look into replacing the MS generic drivers (where they exist) with HP Win8 drivers.

But, you would probably have to install them in compatibility mode: http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/compatibility-mode.7/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Valterred Tutor
Tutor
18 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

There was istalled Win 7, after Win 8 and now win 10. But the PC freezes after updates Win 10 anniversary. Before everything was fine.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation