Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop
Microsoft Windows NT

My system got WIN10 update on March 15.  Afterwards, my FIXMESTICK would no longer load past message on screen asking for "fixmestick line login:" 

With the help of the FixMeStick Tech, we could not get my system to process the scan process; or even to get to BIOS to boot manually.

Anyone else have similar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> My system got WIN10 update on March 15. 

Does your computer boot correctly?

> Afterwards, my FIXMESTICK would no longer load past message on screen asking for "fixmestick line login:" 

> With the help of the FixMeStick Tech,

What are your "symptoms" ?  Can you type anything?  Can you move the mouse-pointer?

It seems that you are on the correct path, namely to contact them to get support for their product.

we could not get my system to process the scan process;

Are you saying that you were able to boot from the FixMeStick, but that the "login" was as far as it would go?

> or even to get to BIOS to boot manually.

Turn the computer off.

While repeatedly tapping a key (ESC or RETURN or F2 or F10 or F11 or F12), turn the computer on.

Can you get into BIOS SETUP mode?

If not, repeat the above, with a different key.

HP Recommended

In response to your help.  I have tried every "function" key, I only get a blank/black screen. no activity visible (no cursor).  

System does boot to Windows as normal.  I just can't get it to use FixMeStick.  I now, do not know how to get to BIOS, if needed.

Thanks for your help! 

HP Recommended

> I just can't get it to use FixMeStick.  

Does the vendor's web-site have a newer version available for download -- one that is compatible with the newest version of Windows?   Or, any instructions on how to boot the current product in lieu of the newest Windows?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.