Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
0Need1Help0Me1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 -> 7 downgrade issues

HP ProDesk 490-G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

can someone help me to solve my probleme?

I want to downgrade a computer from Windows 10 to 7, but when I start the installation I come to the first Point (select language) and  the Computer freezes or "unmounting" the keyboard and mouse. :smileyindifferent:

I have a HP ProDesk 490-G3 with the HP Bios 00.02.07.

Legacy Support is enabled and secure boot is disabled.

I searched by my self in Forums and some say that I have to enable the "Leagacy USB Support" in the advanced bios options, but I cant find it in the "HP - BIOS" 00.02.04 / 00.02.07 (tested both, but my hope that it will change sth. was murdered).

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
97885 13325 20581
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to use a PS2 keyboard and mouse, not USB.

Or read my reply marked as the solution...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/can-not-install-win...

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 67 129
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

The following suggestion is not related your initial problem, Paul's solution will fix that.

You might also want to disable "Fast Boot". 

You can save much time and frustration getting Win 7 Security updates after installing Win 7 by:

1. Following the steps in this article written by Ed Bott, or

2. Use WSUS to grab Win 7 updates for offline use. You can create an ISO file and/or save the stand alone program and updates to DVD or USB.

Then use Never 10 to stop the Win 10 upgrade.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation