Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion LV759PA

Hi there

Can someone help me please as HP Support sends me around in circles and I'm at my wits end!

I have an old-ish HP Pavilion laptop which I perhaps unwisely upgraded to Windows 10. The upgrade went fine and initially I didn't notice any major problems but as time went on I now have constant issues with the CPU going into overdrive (sorry if I use incorrect terminology I'm a bit of a novice), the fan running constantly even with only one program running.

After a bit of investigating I figure the issue is that HP don't support Windows 10 on my old computer so haven't released updated drivers for my model  - can anyone confirm if I am right here?

So, okay, my bad, I probably shouldn't have upgraded. Now I just want to go back to Windows 7 but of course I'm way past the one month that I can automatically go back. I wish I'd realised earlier on but c'est l vie.

Now my issue is that HP don't provide recovery discs in the box - thanks a lot HP. So we're meant to just know this and create our own recovery disc, but of course i have not. Many lessons learnt along this path.

What am I meant to do here?? I can't even figure out hwo to contant HP support, their website sends you in circles and won't provide a link to ask them for a recovery disc.

Can anyone help me please? Would very much appreciate some help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you live in the US the simplest means would be to purchase recovery media from Computersurgeons.com, if they have it.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/

I just checked. It appears that they do not have it. You can check it yourself. Your posted product number crosses over to a Pavilion dv6-6036tx notebook.

No other vendors that I am aware of stock the recovery media,

If a PC is more than three years old,  the appropriate recovery media is not stocked or sold by HP.

You can download a Windows 7 SO from the following Microsoft website.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

If you can find a generic activation key for download it do so. Your OEM license activation key may not work.

You can also try to get a download of Windows 7 from one of the websites in the search I did.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=Windows+7+iso+download&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=c...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your reply!

I'll have a look into these options.

One more q - if I can get my hands on an install CD, will my product key work? It's on the bottom of my computer, but from reading forums I've seen others have troubles when performing a windows re-install, because when they try and enter the product key they get an error message that their windows was pre-installed on their computer... I'm wanting to avoid any major troubles like this if I do a re-install.

Are you aware of this issue?

HP Recommended

The license key is for an OEM install, so it may not work, though It is certainly worth a shot. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.