cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10 microsoft edge does not close

HP Recommended

I can not close Microsoft Edge.  It works everytime I start computer but will not close with the X.  I have to go to task manager to end task.  Then it will not work again until I restart computer.  Then it works fine until I quit using it. Example!  I go to check email etc.  Then I just want to use computer off line to type a letter, then I try to go back and edge does not open.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,243 86,128 10,950 23,520
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Reparing it may help. Please try:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan/need-to-repair-or-...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  End result - I reinstalled Windows 10 and so far Edge is working correctly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,243 86,128 10,950 23,520
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Judithrolan wrote:

Thanks for your help.  End result - I reinstalled Windows 10 and so far Edge is working correctly.

Hi,

Yes, that is one way the repair Edge and others.

Cheers.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation