cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Have a HP omni 220-1185qd  product # B2Q19AV#ABA and have message cannot upgrade due to NVIDA  GT540M Graphics card not compatible. I have tried many times to get an updated driver with no success. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 3
15 15 4 7
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Billfuji,

When you say you get a message it is not compatible, is that from the Getting Windows 10 App; launched from the systray?  If so, then probably no driver exists right now and Windows 10 upgrade is not recommended.  Nvideo does not list it on their Windows 10 driver page; the lowest being the 600 series of the GT.

I'd recommend waiting to see if a driver is produced; the free upgrade offer is good for another 9 months.  There are some more extreme things you can try, but only do that if you are willing to fully reinstall or reset back to HP shipped image if it does not work.

Charles

I am a Microsoft Employee
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Charles,

Yes I did try from from the sys tray, but I will wait instead of doing reinstall. Win 7 is working just fine. I hope NVIDEA will come up with a solution soon.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation