Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
loyal-night-lor Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 user account deleted

HP 6t20 TC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know this is going to seem stupid, but my boss decided to blow away the user account on one of our HP t620 Thin Clients  (leaving only the Administrator account) running windows 10. Now, the problem lies in the fact, that I can't recreate the user account, I can't create any accounts actually. I go into other users to create an account, click on add someone else to this pc,it throws up a black window for about .5 seconds, then the cursor turns into a thinking wheel and once I move the mouse, thinking wheel goes away. Is there any way to create a new user without having to reimage the hard drive?

PLease ignore this. I figured it out.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14032 1327 3147
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

loyal-night-lor

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about needing to recreate a User account in Win10 and wanted to help.

This is complicated and there is no guarantee it will work, but it MIGHT ...

I'm presuming that since the User account was deleted after the machine was configured, then the default password for the HIDDEN Admin account is the same as for the User account that was deleted.

So, the procedure would be to login to the Admin account and user the tools there to recreate the User Account.

Supposedly, if you login to Win10 in Safe mode, the Admin account is displayed: http://winaero.com/blog/enable-or-disable-the-administrator-account-in-windows-10/

You login to Safe mode in Win10 following these instructions: http://winaero.com/blog/start-windows-10-in-safe-mode/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
loyal-night-lor Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but I forgot about the command line and adding users. that worked. I couldn't recreate the user account but user2 worked just fine. Thanks again for the reply.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation