Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks I Hope I post the right question in the right place I'm willing to install Windows 10 Build 10126 

I wanna know will it be good with my NoteBook Hardware ? 

my Laptop is HP ProBook 4540s NoteBook Cire i5 RAM 8GB and 750 GB HDD 

Many thanks in Advance 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

See: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5229457&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

HP offers free downloads of the device-drivers for the HP-specific hardware, after installing Windows 10 onto your computer.

HP Recommended

I read a thing that say if I purchased my laptop after April 2013 my Hardware will not be compatible 100% with Windows 10 I doubt so I'm asking my laptop has drivers on HP website and I purchased my lap in 2013 but I can't remember whether  before of after so I asked my question 

HP Recommended

> I read a thing that say if I purchased my laptop after April 2013 my Hardware will not be compatible 100% with Windows 10

Huh? I would expect that the "opposite" would be correct, namely that any HP hardware manufactured *AFTER* April 2013 *WILL* be compatible with Windows 10.

> I'm asking my laptop has drivers on HP website

Yes, it does.  See my previous posting.

HP Recommended

Further, see: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5229457&swItemId=ob_176612_1&swEnvOid=419...

where you can download, from "the cloud", the complete Windows operating system for your computer.

So, obviously, your computer will work with Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Many many many thanks to you really for you help  my last question why there's no Audio Driver for my laptop on HP drivers page for windows 10 

it seems that there's other drivers supported onn windows 8 more than windows 10 , please correct my words/guide me if I'm wrong 

many thanks in Advance again .

HP Recommended

>  why there's no Audio Driver for my laptop on HP drivers page for windows 10 

My first guess is that the correct device-driver is included with Windows 10.

My second guess is that the correct device-driver can be downloaded via Windows Update.

So, there's no need for HP to offer any device-driver.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.