Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 270-p027cb
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought the HP Slimline 270-p027cb with Windows 10 64 bit installed. I am now trying to load WIndows 7 Pro 64. 

Back story:

I had issues trying to get the install to even load. So I loaded an update forthe bios now I can get to the install screen, where it is asking me to select my languange and hit next to continue the win 7 install. 

HOWEVER, My mouse and keyboard are not working, the PC has (2) 2.0 usb ports and I have already tried both.

I have went as far as slipstreaming the usb 3.0 drivers into the win 7 iso image, with no success.

Now I am leaning towards it being a chipset or controller driver problem. I've looked for drivers for the chipset but have not found any compatible with win 7.

Nor have I had any luck with the conroller driver. 

Any help would be grateful! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, @HaveAniceDave :

You are going to have a major problem after you get W7 to install in that there are no Intel graphics drivers for any other OS but W10 for PC's with the Kaby Lake chipset.

The reason the KB and mouse are locking up is because W7 does not have the required USB 3 drivers to get past the screen you get stuck at.

And the Kaby Lake chipset has no USB2 support until after you install W7 and then install the chipset driver.

So, you have to run this utility to put the USB 3 drivers into your W7 flash installation media.  There is a readme link with instruction on how to use this utility on the page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Select the file for the OS you plan on running the utility on.

As for the graphics driver, see this discussion, last reply, and you can either try modifying the graphics driver file in the post, or try modifying the one on your PC's support page.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-7-VGA-drivers-Probook-450-G4/m...

You can also try loading the USB 3 drivers this way...I have zipped up and attached the latest USB 3 W7 x64 drivers below.

Download and unzip the files to their folder.

Get a USB flash drive and copy just the file contents in the folder to the flash drive.

With the flash drive and W7 installation media in the PC, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the USB driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and hopefully, W7 will install.

Good luck,  it should be a fun experiment if you are successful.

HP Recommended

Hi Dave

Microsoft is now blocking Windows 7 updates for Kaby Lake and Ryzen processor/chipsets.

So you are in for another headache when you get Windows 7 running correctly.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.