cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mboydj
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on HP-Z1

HP-Z1 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have tried 3 times to do the upgrade, but my computer locks up after about 5 minutes once Windows 10 Pro is installed.  I think I am going to have to do a clean install.  My current Windows 7 was pre installed; how do I or do I need to obtain the Windows 7 product key?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on HP-Z1

Hi 

When you say a clean install do you mean Windows 7 or Windows 10 ??  Regarding your Product key if you have upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 via the upgrade notification and then do a clean install of Windows 10 then you won't have to worry about activation because when you upgraded originaly your product ID would be verified by Microsoft and your machines details will be recorded on Microsofts servers so will activate automaticaly . If you are just downgrading back to windows 7 from 10 you can just roll back to Windows 7 from the recovery option in Update and Settings app in Windows 10 using the Windows.old file that is created in the upgrade procedure and you won't need to activate Windows 7 .

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation