Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 8.1 has locked me out

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

HI

Windows 8.1 has locked me out

My PC OS is Win 8.1

No paswword ever user to log in

Now a friend installed and used skype on my PC which asked for Microdoft User Account and all but he gave his skyoe id which ends with @gmail.com and the skyoe worked, he logeed out and left for home

Now when I pick my PC after 2 days, I see his email add flashing on my login screen and asking for its password to Log In my computer....

I asked him, after inputing it is not taking that password... I am locked... He says the password is correct

Any help

Pls reply

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,675 9,583 776 3,586
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

What happened is that you were using Local account. When your friend installed Skype, probably they used the "Modern" / Metro app of Skype. A pop-up windows asked you/your friend to change from Local account to Microsoft. And here is the big mistake - this was not necessary and this is where the problems started. Now your friend is actually the owner of the account. Your local account is migrated to the Microsoft account. More info:

>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/microsoft-account-vs-local-acco...

Since your friend has @ gmail.com account, this means he/she has both Google account (gmail.com) and Microsoft account (gmail.com). When entering the login password, ensure your computer is connected to the Internet (e.g. cable or wi-fi connected prior to login screen).

Your friend must be careful when they tell you their password - it must be the Skype one/Microsoft account one - not the gmail.com (Google account) one. If they are sure, then they probably are not telling the truth about the password.

Something else you can try:

System Restore - restore back to the state before Skype was used.

Restart your computer. As soon as you notice the HP logo, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

Then when the HP menu opens, click on F11

Follow the on-screen instructions mentioned in this article >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545#AbT5

to complete System Restore and get back to a state before the issue started. Not sure if this will help, but you can try it as well.

Eventually, if nothing helps, you can contact your friend and with him/her complete the Microsoft account reset form to reset the password >> https://account.live.com/password/reset

Your feedback and update are important.
Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** My location: Europe *** Volunteer
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation