Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 510- P024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As I am trying to configure a device USB it says it is set to never install drivers how do I change this

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Genel41,

Can you share more information regarding how do you plan to use the drive? Do you have another hard drive on your computer or do you plan to install an operating system on the WD Purple?

If the drive is a secondary one on your PC, you must initialize it before you can format it. You can do that by going to the Disk management menu of the system. Here, I put a link to our official database with information about the procedure that you should follow when initially set up your secondary drive: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=KRjHE7

Keep me posted. Cheers.

Western Digital representative
HP Recommended

This drive is out of a Home Security camera system I got it from Ebay . It has the capacity to have 8 cameras but at rhis time I have only 3 . This is my first time to have one of these security devices and I set to recorf 24/7  it should have been set to record on motion only  . It is a Wstern Digital 2.0 TB  model #MD 20PURX-64P6ZYO it is WD Pur[le surveillance Hard Drive  and the way I set it it took about 2 months and it was full . I contacted the seller on Ebay he said to take the hard drive out of the metal box and connect it to a working PC well I didn't have a cord so I bought one it has 2 USB connections just a split wire for extra power .  But when I connected it to my PC it has a red & blue light comes on when plugged in USB . But that is about all it does . I did go to PC propertiers and fornd that It was set to never install drivers for for USB devices  which seemed kind of odd but I did turn it on to accept new info. It still did not show any where that it found my device . But I don't see how to uninstall  and reinstall and that sounds like what I am going to have to do. How do I know which one to uninstall  and do I have to reinstall with what  or will it reinstall on its own?  Thanks  Gene

HP Recommended

It still does not show in device manager 

HP Recommended

I explaned in the artical below I do have another hard drive and I connected  it and I could see it as  another  drive . But not the Surveillance it does not show .

HP Recommended

This came in a home security system it has the  abilitie to have 8 camers but I only had three and when I set it up I only had 3 cameras and whwen I started it I set it to record 24/7  and it should have been record on motion . And after about 3 months the hard drive was full and shut off. So I comtacted the supplier and he said to open the small electronic box and take out the hard drive and conect it to A working PC by USB . But the PC does not rcognize it and I have a Windows & and got the same there . So I got a picture of the HD .DSCN0227.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi again,

First of all, I would like to suggest you to blur the Serial number of your drive to avoid abuse. What do you mean by “the small electronic box”? Was the WD Purple previously installed in an external case or you just keept it there? I also would like to know if the hard drive is spinning correctly. Can you confirm that?

Try to connect it to another PC with a different adaptor to check if it works.

Cheers.

Western Digital representative
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.