cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ip4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows Hello Unavailable in this model (HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q107na)

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-q107na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q107na
Just bought in Nov 16...it says that Windows Hello is unavailable on this model.

I have set-up PIN and know the process of how to try to set it up via settings. However not possible to do on this model. Is it just a case that i can update drivers to make it work or is this model not advanced enough to cope with Hello?  (I have another HP 23-q275 model where Hello works and that was bought about a year ago!)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @ip4

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I see you are unable to use Windows Hello feature. Happy to help.

Have you reviewed the system requirements for Windows Hello?

Please click here for the system requirements for Windows 10 and Hello. Windows Hello requires a specialized illuminated infrared camera for facial recognition or a finger print reader which supports the Window Biometric Framework. Windows Hello with an Intel® RealSense™ (F200) camera requires a software update to work on Windows 8.1 devices after upgrading to Windows 10.

Based on the specifications of your computer, your PC does not have an infrared webcam, hence your computer does not meet the system requirements for Windows Hello. 

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ip4
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the answer
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation